.

Saturday, March 30, 2019

A Self Assessment Paper Philosophy Essay

A ego Assessment Paper Philosophy EssayMost of the familyes that I keep up taken in my entire college bread and exclusivelyter entertain tried to watch me something related with my carg iodiner. Most of these classes were math, science or business oriented. Never out front I took a class that teach me to deal how I live with in mind, what I destine, and why I in run a demeanor in a particularly air. In this class a wise(p) genius lesson that allow for last for the tranquility of my vivification learn to be assured of the action that I take. At the beginning of the semester, I felt a little bit spoil beca design I spent a cosmic part of my day thought about the things that I intimate in class, how I merchantman hold brook those thing in my life and that if I would learned those lesson before my life would be on the entire different. Throughout this self assessment paper I would try to address how the different payoffs that I learned in class impact my li fe using current and past experiences.The fist topic that we talked in class was the individualal transformation article and the three dysfunctions of our socialization Fragmentation, Competition and reactiveness. Concerning to fragmentation I am the typewrite of person that hightail it to break everything into small pieces because I bet it is easier to understand them in that way. However, matchless-time(prenominal) I feel empty because I faecal matter non put all the split to conveyher and understand the whole system. I mobilize this is a job because in schools a leaned a lot of individual concepts save I never learn how to put them together. I plan to build strengths to use this tool by every time that I learn something I leave try to connected with something that I learned in the past. quest to myself how I john use these crude concepts and how to apply to my life. I think that if I do the connection immediately in my drumhead I testament be able to star creat ing amiable maps with all the concepts connected together.For me competition is uniform a game sometime when we do not compete we get bump result than when we do, sometimes when we compete we do not the results that we want, or sometime competing or not we get the equivalent results. It is like an eternal battle in which the luckiest survive. Notice that I distribute tongue to that the luckiest survive and not the strongest and this is because sometimes cosmos the strongest does not guarantee that you leave alone be ahead the others. Concerning to reactiveness I think that I am a person very senti psychic when I react to some situations, I am the type of person that does not like bad news. So, I try to react like that never comeed. But in the destruction the trustworthyity is that I involve to react like a with child(p) man and confront the reality.I got that my personality type was Introvert, Sensing, Thinking, and Judging (ISTJ). I really think that these results real ly describe my personality because I gestate myself as a responsible, loyal, contemplative and independent individual. However, I bind learned that I need some of the characteristics of the other personality types. I fill in that I need much than muckle skills if I want to be successful in my MBA c arer. I think it wont hurt me if I try to be more than sociable with the large number around me. For fount, I need to be a little bit more extroverts, more sociable, more perceptive, be open to new things, being more flexible. wholeness thing that I washbasin do to archive this is to learn to harken to the other, to learn that everybody is different and has different opinions and that I weednot come through every argument. I apply this at the beginning of the semester and the final results are awesome I talk to more stack in the classroom, on the bus, at the library, very much everywhere. I take ind that I need to be a more flexible with the things that I do. I recognized that nobody thinks exactly like me, so we potbelly have differences and still work together. Also, I learned how to adapt to changing situations to recognize that the world is dynamic, not static and that people will never act like me.I think one of the most(prenominal) definitive lessons that I learned in this class was to appoint my mental pretenses and to be aware that I have them. I trigger the class being a unconscious incompetence and I think I end up being roughly a conscious competence For me it was extremely grave to be dear. It was like an interior effectiveness that uses a shot of adrenaline when I can prove to others that I am dear and they are wrong. I was a perfectly example of my mental model. However, after reflecting about this matter I reached to the conclusion that sometimes it is better to be wrong and dont have the experience that some people reject to talk to me because they portray me as an arrogant, bigheaded and selfish person. instantly I rea lize that it is good the situation that my mavins had different points of view, that it is right that we dont think in the alike ways, that I have to erotic love them in the way that they are. Now I understand the phrase that says a real friend is not the one that even outs you laugh with lies, it is the one that keep backs you cry with the truth.Another important tool that I learned in this class was to tell when people use defensive routine to protect themselves. I learned that I also used defensive routines when I behaved inappropriate or when I did not complete an assignment on time. I unremarkably, well almost all the time, went to the offensive, labeling people with stereotypes. I constantly used protagonism to have and justify my actions. However, once I learned that these defensive routines were part of my mental model, I fa at that placed to listen more to what the other person have to say. I discovered that if I put myself in their pip I can understand they poin t of view better. Also, I learned to pay real attention to my interlocutors, to listen with my brain, not only with my ears. The results were terrible, once I start to be an active listener the conversation became more professional, more fertile and barriers to reach for an agreement start to plunge. Also, becoming an active listener serve wells me to deal out difficult conversations. I mobilize that I was the type of person that starts lean with somebody very easily. Three out four conversations ended up in a discussion and usually a bad one. However, because I learned to listen and think before emitting my opinion champion to lot difficult conversation at such level that I dont remember the last conversation that ended up with a discussion. It is wonderful being able to propound with other in a respectful way. We have to be willing to give, share and receive. The trick is in considering that the other person is at the same level than I.I developed my inquiry skills commu nicate as many questions as I needed until I was completely sure that I understood what others were asking for. I have watch that when I used these techniques I can understand their position intelligibly because I can get a clear bringing close together of their thinking. However, I think I have very poor advocacy skills. sometimes it is very difficult for me to explain to others what I am thinking, what are my points of views, what is my reasoning. In my opinion the problem is that I cannot find out which information I should give them in order to understand my way of thinking. Sometimes I give them too much information sometimes too little. Then I spent most of the time trying to explain to them what is in my mind. I get jawd because things that look out like obvious then cannot recognize them, I proclivity they can go inside my brain, read my mind, and suffer how obvious everything is. Honestly, I think I have poor advocacy skills because English is not my first language. When I talk to somebody in English I tend to ask extra question to incur sure that I understand one hundred percent what they are trying to say. Also, because my English vocabulary is very limited I tend to explain things in the simplest way, leaving out important information, or adding unconnected information just because I do not have the right word to use. When this happen I get frustrate and everything in my head get mess up and I start to talk in Spanish without noticing it and confusing even more my interlocutor. I think that if a become a little more extrovert I can socialize with more people and my vocabulary can be spread out with new English words and slangs that I can use to communicate more effective when I advocate my points of view.Another tool that has helped me to be a better advocate is the latter of inference. Using this tool I became more aware of the conclusions that I made and the basis of those conclusions. I had learned that if I put too much emotional att achments to my ideas I usually exclude important entropy or information that even though do not support my believes can help me to make better decisivenesss. Therefore, know before making any conclusions I try identify any emotional feelings that can be attached to those closes and leave them out. Also, I have find out that it is impossible to overcome an emotional position with a logical argument (Shingo). The ladder of inference has been of great help when making decision because it forces me to think with my own arguments allowing me to determine errors in my own thinking. Now I am aware that I w trip upethorn be ignoring important data or making wrong assumptions or inferences. Thanks to the ladder of inference, now before making any important decision the first two questions that I ask to myself are does the fact that I have represents the truth and what role does my emotions and feelings play in my decisions. chance(a) Loop Diagrams are a great to help us to brighten our ow n thinking and help others to understand us better. I wish I could do a CLD for every part of life but I feel I am not good doing one by myself. I have difficulty identifying what things I should put on the CLD and how those things interact with each other. When doing a CLD I often tend to do inferential leaps, miss previous steps or use suspicious link or blocks. I remember that in class we discussed that the whole idea of a CLD is to invention out how the actions work their way through the loop, back to the initial link (beginning). However, I think that the whole idea is to see how everything is connected and how one action affects the whole situation. I would love to learn to master CLD and be able to use to diagram my mental models, clarify my own thinking and understand other people thinking. I should try to get more practice doing more CLD for simple life problems in order to be able to master this technique. For example, with a CLD I can show how spending three hours talki ng to my girlfriend expatiate my whole day it can explain why I am always tired and sleepy.Something that can really help me to master CLDs will be to develop a bodily structured decision making work on in order to organize my ideas better and identify the pieces needed to total the empty spaces. Most of the time, I feel I need to make the decision fast and I dont have enough time for a formal structure and process. Sometimes I feel the contrary, I have spent too much time thinking over the same problem that I fell I need to make a decision and take a break. The problem is that at the end my decisions are based on gut feeling instinct rather than a structured process. Something that I should take as a habit is to advance enough data so I can support the decision that I make. In other words I should climb bring down the ladder of inference and gather the proper data to make an cognizant decision. The first and probably the most important thing that I should do before making an y decision should be establish a context for success. This is the part where I identify the problem and define the accusing that I want to accomplish. I think that this step it is also the most difficult because most of the time I dont know what is the real problem. I just know that I have a problem and I need a solution for that problem. Also, I should gather enough data and resources before making any important decision generate as many alternatives as I can, evaluate those alternatives, and finally choose the one that fits my requirements better. I want to learn to use this tool because I am pretty sure that I will be using this system very often in my future career life. Having a structure decision making process can give me a warlike edge among my coworkers because my decision will be more logic and back it up with data that support my actions.Frame the issue properly is some other tool that I could used to develop a structured decision making process. However, I dont feel I know how to master this tool. For me it is a little difficult to express my point of view to others. I am good identifying when other use framing over me but I cannot used very effectively over them or in the way that I wanted. Framing is about making other people to see what you want them to see, but sometimes I get the opposite chemical reaction people see what I dont want them to see. I get frustrate and mess up when this happen. I say that framing is a gravestone step for success because people who understand framing and its power can manipulate others to do their will. The outgo examples of this are the people who make commercials and advertisements. They can convince us to acquire products that we dont need or want. They create a false sense of need inside our subconscious that induces us to buy the last laptop model even though our actual model is working fine. They are like brain doctors that with words can dispose our thoughts and make us buy anything that they want. One thing I can do to get better framing my thoughts would be to use my emotions. I should show to other how passionate I am for the think that I want to convince them. Also I could use visual help (graphs, equations, charts) to better communicating my points of view.First of all I want to postulate that the world is full of uncertainties, our life is full of uncertainty, our future is uncertain, and our present is liberal of uncertain. Only the past is certain and that is because we already know the answer of what already happened. I said that the world is full of uncertainty because you cannot determine what will happen next, where the next earthquake will be, or the next shot, or the next flood. We just know that these natural phenomenon will, possibly, happen someday in someplace around the world. Our life is uncertain because you dont know what will happen with your life in your future are you loss to be hit by a car, are you going to win the lottery, are you going to have died before your fifty birthday, or are you going to be rich and successful.I think that I cannot escape from the uncertainties of my life or the uncertainties of the world. However, I can get prepared so when they arrive I can fight them with the right tools. For example, I dont know where the next tornado will be, but I can buy a rear with a basement that can protect my family from a level 5 tornado. I dont know which part of the world will be shaken by an earthquake but I can get educated about what to do when an earthquake happens. Also, I dont know if I will win the lottery but I can get the best possible education so I wont need to win the lottery to be rich. I dont know if I will have died before my fifty birthday but I can make sure that I enjoy every day of my life, doing the right things, part others in such a way that if I died tomorrow I will die happy with a smile on my face.In every moment of my life I make decisions I decide if I go to college, if I buy a new red uplicate of jeans, at what time I eat, or at what time I go to bed. The problem is not to decide what or when to do or not something, the real issues is what will be the results of those decisions. And this gets more complicated when there are uncertainties behind those decisions that sometimes we cannot even identify. The final result of this type of situations is that we end up making bad decisions that could be avoided. I think it is not difficult to learn how to identify the uncertainties of our decisions. I think we can learn what things we did wrong and the next time that we have a corresponding situation we can do the right thing. Also we can learn to identify and prioritize the areas of uncertainties in our decisions and reduce the one that can be reduced.Creative thinking has been a topic that has caught my attention since I was in high school. I always had wanted to be creative but most of the time I feel I dont have the right material. Most of the times when I have to co me out with a creative solution I always choose the one that the absolute majority chose. I try to think out the box but I ended up thinking and doing the same thing than the others. When this happen, I get frustrate because I want to be an innovator creating new and amazing things. I think the problem is that I love to do new things if there are clear and specific rules. I like to note the rules and I want that the other follow the same rules to. However, I have learned that sometime you have to ignore the rules in order to be creative, try to do things different than the way that I usually do them. I think I have to stop trying to figure out what other people will do and try to be original, unique, and different.Last week I tried to apply the step that the prof mentioned in class about how to be more creative. The results were amazing because I actually came out with solutions that nobody in the room did. I think the trick is to pay attention to details, especially to minor deta ils (like the background). The exhortation part also helped a lot to identify atypical response. I thought in characters like Homer Simpson or Sheldon Cooper (the big band theory) to come out with alternative that were creative. From now on, I will start to apply the creativity three steps process (observe, provocation, and movement) more often to incentive my creativity. I think they really work.

No comments:

Post a Comment